The Penny

Example is not the main thing in influencing others. It is the only thing.

[Saturday, May 9, 2009]

Sweet!

One day this past week, I was working with a preschooler outside on the playground (this happens a lot now, yay for good weather!). When I was ready to go, I said good-bye to him and left the play yard. He pressed his face between the slats of the wooden fence and said, "Kiss!" So I bent down and tried to kiss him on the cheek, but he would have none of it and kept trying for my lips. So not appropriate (for me, not him) but sweet! I ended up kissing his chin. He asked, "Where you goin'?" I said, "Dayton," which is my home school. "Date? OK, byyyyyyye!" You'd never know that this same child has just destroyed the sand creations of several classmates and smacked someone with a flag. They do have their winsome moments, though, which I try to remember when they're pummeling peers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment